Saturday, April 2, 2011

VERY TIRING WEEK

OK, so we just got done with the one of the craziest weeks in awhile.  That says a lot because we usually redline our lives 6 days out of 7.  This week was was busy.  Chad is now in the two sports a week club like his big sisters.  He plays piano, guitar, wrestles and now is going to be my second baseman for his minor league team.  We are the New York Mets, and if any of you remember, or care to know, they have been my favorite team since high school.  I just have been a closet fan.  They have not been very good, so I have been a little more vocal for the Yankees since they seem to win, and, they beat the Red Sox, who are just slightly less obnoxious.  So now we have a couple baseball practices to throw in each week.  The cutest thing though, is Kace.  He is only 5, will be 6 next week, but by heck, he IS a Met also!  Takes fielding, warms up, hits and always wonders when he will get "His   Shot" during defensive drills.  He kills me!  he is going to be very good.  Hali bought him a very flattering pair of baseball pants, a pair that she says accentuates his chubby little bum.  "I just want to squeeze his bum in those pants!" she says.  Baseball is fun, but really, it is just about keeping my kids happy and busy.  Taia had a volleyball tournament today, she played well, they got second, but played much more consistently today than they have this spring.  She also had a track meet, she got third in the pole vault, her PR is now 7 feet.  She had a lesson on friday and cleared 8 feet, but not officially in a meet.  If she can clear 8 in a meet, then she qualifies for a big track meet in Boise at the end of April.  I am sure she can do it, all she needs is a carrot dangling in front of her and she is on it.  Anyway, I finally got to ride my road bike about 15 miles on thursday.  It was a nice day, about 60 degrees.  I can tell long time no ride.  Legs were tired, and more than one occasion that I about crashed.  Jeesh!  Looking down about hit a sign, changing gears and hit a hole, forgot to unclip at a stoplight and about crashed in front of a bus of kids.  Rookie stuff, I must be losing it.  Still fun though.  Morgan had the weekend off.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment