Sunday, April 17, 2011

BLACK AND WHITE

Chads fielding form.
Kace ready for a grounder!
Yesterday Chad and I were talking after baseball practice.  We were talking about how his mom has not taken classes at college for almost 17 years, and that she just got done taking finals last week.  He looked at me in a very understanding way and said something that really hurt.  He said, back when mom was in college, was everything in BLACK AND WHITE?  I was crushed!!!  I understand that I am hitting forty this week, but black and white?  Seriously.  I remember thinking that about my grandparents when I was his age.  I do remember party lines, black and white TV, 8 tracks, etc...Maybe time to buy a burial plot.  Hali laughed when I told her because I am older than her, I am still reeling.  Anyway, we have had a good weekend.  Our baseball season starts Tuesday, opening ceremonies Monday.  Mataia is fully involved in Track.  She ran the 100 leg of the medley relay, which was first, she was 4th in the 200, and she got second in the pole vault and high jump in a terribly windy meet at Madison on Friday.  Fun to watch.  Morgan got drafted for a softball team last week, she is going to be good.  She loves softball.  I enjoy spring sports, just not the early spring Idaho weather.

Old School Communication.
On another note, last week we were in Salt Lake and we saw a PAY PHONE!  It looked so out of place, I had to take a picture.  There were a few at the Gateway mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment